Posted on April 19, 2021 | by Julian Eckerle
Optimizing Amazon product photography is essential for ensuring that your marketplace imagery stands out. Oftentimes, it is the first item people will see on your storefront and the first brand touchpoint for your potential customers. Quality product photography for Amazon sellers is free of distractions and showcases items in their best light and image clarity. The more professional the product images are, the more interest they generate in the form of clicks and sales from potential customers. Quality product images help build your storefront’s brand equity. Conversely, haphazardly edited product imagery that does not showcase product strengths will reflect poorly on your Amazon storefront and diminish consumer trust over time. In today’s fierce ecommerce marketplace, product imagery has to be scroll-stopping. Distracting background colors/patterns, reflections or watermarks run the risk of decreasing overall interest.
The ideal photography for Amazon sellers highlights the product’s value proposition in a clear and concise manner. Thankfully, countless hours of manual cropping, background removal, and shadow adjusting to achieve these standards are no longer needed with AI-driven image retouching services. AI SaaS platforms like autoRetouch provide product photo retouching services at your fingertips and are easy to use. Adhering to the best practices below will help your product listings attract more clicks and potential buyers.
Photography for Amazon Sellers: Best Practices
- Image pixel dimensions of at least 1000 or larger in either height or width preferred
- File names must consist of the product identifier (Amazon ASIN, 13-digit ISBN, EAN, JAN, or UPC) followed by a period and the appropriate file extension (Example: B000123456.jpg or 0237425673485.tif)
- Use product imagery against both white and lifestyle backgrounds
- Backgrounds must be pure white (RGB 255,255,255)
- Include people’s faces or cropped faces in the lifestyle pictures showing how the product works in action (autoRetouch has a face crop component if you prefer)<– are we telling them to show the face or crop it here?
- The image must be in focus, professionally lit and photographed with realistic color and smooth edges
- Highlight key functionality in product imagery (i.e. the volume a suitcase can hold)
- The image must not contain additional text, graphics, or inset images
According to Amazon, products should fill 85% or more of the image frame. This promotes clarity and focus on the product itself. The sharper and more distinguishable the product image is, the higher the probability of engagements such as clicks and ultimately sales.
Product Photo Retouching Services
AI driven product photo retouching services can cut the time spent editing photos considerably. With a plethora of customizable photo retouching features, optimizing your Amazon storefront is achievable in a few simple clicks. autoRetouch automates image editing and can be combined in the project workflow for bulk editing using the following features:
- Background removal
- Skin retouch
- Ghost mannequin
- Extract patch
- Set on canvas (should we add more details of this component like: sizing, alignment, padding and background color?)
- Extract color palette
- Add ground shadows
- Crop face
- Edit file name
- Export as a JPEG, PNG, or layered PSD file
- Export vector paths and layer masks
autoRetouch’s product photo retouching services are inexpensive, efficient, easy-to-use and customizable. Choose from a wide variety of key features to bulk edit your Amazon product photography with a convenient pay-as-you-go option.